I think a link to the base game page ([Arkham Horror]) under the Game Play section would be good - it can be difficult to notice under the title.
Hey team. I see many of the scenarios are featured articles on the front page. It looks like the main page is not directly editable by just anyone, so I'm throwing this here. When I see the featured article, it mentions the name of a scenario, but provides no link. e.g. "Miscreants and Miscreation is scenario four. It was first published on August 21, 2008." Do you think the title of each scenario could be changed to link to that scenario's wiki page? It would be really handy for getting to the information. e.g. the text could read "Miscreants and Miscreation is scenario four. It was first published on August 21, 2008." What do you think? --Culix 05:37, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
- I wikified all featured articles as you requested. Keith 18:47, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks Keith! --Culix 04:33, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
Could someone add a link on this page to an new one where I could put information on players and their whereabouts (name suggestion: see title ;) )? I would make a table with countries, regions/states, cities, real-life names, nicknames. I already have some collection from over at the FFG forum and would like to post it here. The Main Page seems to me to be the right place to put a link... The King in Green 18:23, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- The league article from the main page would be a great place to launch this project from.Keith 13:09, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
Can the admins add a link to the Innsmouth Horror rulebook? It's been up for a while and it should make the front page. McCaber 15:26, 6 June 2009 (UTC)
Arkham Horror - Innsmouth Horror PDF Rules: http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Arkham_Horror/Innsmouth%20Horror/ah_ih_rules.pdf --Fireblaze 18:13, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
I can't currently find a decent strategy guide for Arkham on the web, so I'm going to add strategy stubs to the wiki. Any objections? --Shiningmongoose 09:37, 19 July 2009
- Hmm, if we are looking to make this wiki a neutral source of info on the game, like Wikipedia, I'm not sure if this would be the place for strategy discussion. But if we are looking to make this wiki the best general of info on the game, where you can come to read all of the rules as well as a basic strategy overview, a strategy guide like that would fit in very well. (I asked this question before on the community portal page; I'm not sure how the community feels). Personally I think a strategy guide sounds great. We could at least do a brief overview of what general strategies or moves work well. Even if you want to argue that the wiki should be NPOV I think there is room for some strategy material.
- In short, I say go for it! I'll try to help if I can. Are you thinking one big strategy page or several blurbs on multiple articles? --Culix 04:38, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
A strategy section would make sense. That would make this place "All things Arkham Horror" - perhaps a good slogan? (Sidebar: Wikipedia.org got lots of pages that are POV so even they are not enforcing there own policies.) --Fireblaze 18:25, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
I'd like to add another vote for a strategy guide, at least a basic one for newbies to the game. I read discussions various places saying "The base game is too easy", but while I understand the goals for winning, after a couple games I'm not finding it that easy yet. Just played a solo game for practice, with 3 investigators, and while I didn't lose, it just dragged on and on for 6 hours or so, until I had to clean up and put it away. --Notfilc 07:20, 28 October 2009 (UTC)
I still don't see how the strategy section would be visible for anyone who didn't actually type the search term strategy. Is there any way to make it visible on the front page? Also, the French Wiki has a custom creations section, could we make one as well, or should that just be a subcategory in Variants? —Avi 11/13/2010
Lurker at the Threshold rulebook
Since "Lurker" is out and the rules are available for download, it'd be nice to include the link along the other rules links on the main page!
--Samuellinde 09:34, 6 August 2010 (UTC)
- Seconded. I'm surprised this is still missing, and regular users can't edit the main page. Please add it. Hurendo kun 19:19, 5 September 2010 (UTC)
I've added images for all the Lurker at the Threshold cards and replaced all the Ancient One images with higher-quality versions. As I peruse other sections of the wiki, I'm periodically contributing higher-quality images, adding thumbnails where relevant for general interest and beautification (e.g., it seemed appropriate to me that the Monster limit page should have a monster token on it), and expanding non-stub sections that are basically stubs (but not classified as such — e.g., Terror track, the information for which should probably be moved to Terror level, but I'm not going to bother right now).
This is a decent wiki, and I'd like to see it better, but many of these updates are matters of editorial preference; if anyone has a problem with it, I will refrain. For example, all of the cards could stand to be replaced with descreened versions compressed as JPEG's (to vastly reduce size without affecting visual quality), but I'm not going to undertake this phenomenal endeavor unless it seems incredibly beneficial, particularly since, as a regular user, I cannot replace existing images that I didn't personally upload. It would be a serious pain to edit every single article myself. Hurendo kun 19:29, 5 September 2010 (UTC)
- Just noticed all the images I uploaded and many others are showing up as black boxes, which hints at a corrupt database. Wondering if I should replace all of them or let you guys figure it out. Hurendo kun 20:02, 18 January 2011 (UTC)
The rulebooks linked off the front site lead to the now phased out transition website at FFG - http://new.fantasyflightgames.com - those should be switched to www.fantasyflightgames.com in order to work! (I would edit it myself, but the main page is locked) Can a page Mod fix those? - Thaadd
I've noticed a lot of the images on the wiki seem to be just black squares or broken, for the last few months.
Is there a reason for this, or should we be looking into getting these images replaced? -- Teryx, 10 April 2011.
Curse of the Dark Pharaoh (revised) rulebook posted
Hi there. I've just noticed that the rulebook for the Revised edition of Curse of the Dark Pharaoh has been posted by FFG - http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Arkham_Horror/Dark%20Pharaoh%20revised/AH_CothDP_Revised_Rules_eng_1-0.pdf - and should probably be posted on the front page. Since It seems that regular users cannot edit it (a safe precaution), can a moderator please update it?
If I might also make a suggestion, I would suggest keeping a link for the rulebook for the existing Curse of the Dark Pharaoh expansion on the front page as well, so as to not exclude those players amongst us who own a copy of the existing edition. --Majnen 05:06, 8 June 2011 (UTC)
Miskatonic Horror Rulebook
Fantasy Flight Games has updated their site with the rulebook for the Miskatonic Horror expansion.
Can an admin please post this and the Revised Dark Pharaoh as links on the home page. Only admins can edit the home page.